Show your art at the Kapiti Art Show
Some Like it Hot, Chloe King
Over $6,000 in prizes is available, with an overall Best in Show, a runner up, four highly commended prizes and 12 merit prizes. There is also a People’s Choice award that is voted on by all people who attend the show over the weekend.
Look at “Previous Shows” to see the winners of last year’s Kapiti Art Show and Competition. Note in previous shows there were several categories of prizes; this has been abandoned in 2019 to be fair to artists as there were unequal numbers of entries in the different categories.
- Overall Winner $1,000
- Runner Up $750
- People’s Choice $500
- 4 Highly Commended $400 each
- 12 Merit $200 each
Who can enter
This competition is open to all NZ resident hobby, amateur artists and professional artists. This is an opportunity to display your work for sale beside your peers and perhaps to win an award or prize as well!
The art work
- Each painting must be suitably FRAMED or MOUNTED ready for hanging including cord or wire. Folding D-rings are to be fitted.
- It is preferred that all stretched canvases are to be backed with stiff card or similar material, to reduce the risk of damage while handling.
- The largest side of any entry shall not exceed 1000 mm including mount and frame.
- Hanging or positioning of the paintings will be at the total discretion of the Club.
- Each painting must have the official catalogue numbers attached (as supplied by the Registrar with your receipt) and the artist’s name and the title of the work, as directed in the entry acknowledgement letter.
- In the event of information conflict, the Official Conditions of Entry will take precedence
Receiving days for 2019
Wednesday 23 October from 10 am to 4 pm at the Theatre Stage Door, east end of the Southward Museum complex
Sale prices and commission rate
A 30% commission is charged on any works sold
Judging and Prize giving
Judging will take place on Thursday 24 October. The Judge Panel of the competition will inspect all paintings and shall be such people as are selected and appointed by the Paraparaumu Rotary Arts Show Committee. The Judges’ decisions shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Any entries not being delivered and/or collected by hand must be presented in suitable reusable packaging.
If unable to collect your work, please include prepaid return courier stickers with the entry form or the works, or make suitable storage arrangements with the Art Show Director for later pick up.
Right-click or Control-click (Mac) the button above and choose to
save or download the file.
Or click and view it in your browser and save/download it from there.