Show your art at the Kapiti Art Show
Some Like it Hot, Chloe King
Artists from throughout New Zealand are invited to enter in this annual national exhibition held in Paraparaumu at Labour Weekend each year. Showing your work at the Kapiti Art Show and Competition will raise your profile, you may make sales and you may win prizes.
Over $6,500 in prizes is available, spread amongst 13 categories and classes plus a People’s Choice award and an Overall Winner.
Look at “Previous Shows” to see the winners of last year’s Kapiti Art Show and Competition.
- Overall Winner $1,000
- People’s Choice $350
- Representation of the Kapiti Coast $350
- Landscape $350
- Seascape $350
- Portrait/People $350
- Natural Fauna $350
- Natural Flora$350
- Townscape $350
- Abstract $350
- Still Life $350
- Best Watercolour $350
- Best Oil painting $350
- Best Acrylic painting $350
- Best Pastel painting $350
- Merit awards $100 each. May be awarded in categories with more than 10 entries, or if a work is judged worthy of prize.
Who can enter
This competition is open to all NZ resident hobby, amateur artists and professional artists. This is an opportunity to display your work for sale beside your peers and perhaps to win an award or prize as well!
The art work
- Each painting must be suitably FRAMED or MOUNTED ready for hanging including cord or wire. Folding D-rings are to be fitted.
- It is preferred that all stretched canvases are to be backed with stiff card or similar material, to reduce the risk of damage while handling.
- The largest side of any entry shall not exceed 1000 mm including mount and frame.
- Hanging or positioning of the paintings will be at the total discretion of the Club.
- Each painting must have the official catalogue numbers attached (as supplied by the Registrar with your receipt) and the artist’s name and the title of the work, as directed in the entry acknowledgement letter.
- In the event of information conflict, the Official Conditions of Entry will take precedence
Receiving days for 2018
Wednesday 17 October from 10 am to 4 pm at the Theatre Stage Door, east end of the Southward Museum complex
Sale prices and commission rate
The minimum price on any entry is $400. Any entry received with a lower price may be rejected.
A 25% commission is charged on any works sold
Judging and Prize giving
The Preview Evening is Friday 19 October 2018, from 7.30 pm. Prize giving is at 8.00 p.m.
Judging will take place on Thursday 18 October. The Judges of the competition will inspect all paintings and shall be such people as are selected and appointed by the Paraparaumu Rotary Arts Show Committee. The Judges’ decisions shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Cheques for net sales proceeds after deduction of commissions will be posted to the successful artists within 4 weeks after the show closes.
Unsold paintings must be collected by the artists or their authorised representatives between 4.00 p.m. and 6.00 p.m. on Labour Day, Monday 22 October, unless other arrangements are made at the time of entry.
Any entries not being delivered and/or collected by hand must be presented in suitable reusable packaging.
If unable to collect your work, please include prepaid return courier stickers with the entry form or the works, or make suitable storage arrangements with the Art Show Director for later pick up.
2018 Application Form
Right-click or Control-click (Mac) the button above and choose to
save or download the file.
Or click and view it in your browser and save/download it from there.